Why can’t I watch my personalized video message?
The elves can think of a few reasons why this may occur:
1. You just completed your personalization and the video is still being created. This process should take about 2 minutes, depending on the number of videos being processed on the server simultaneously. Once your video is ready, you can watch it as many times as you wish!
2. You did not complete the personalization form. If you already have, the session expired before it was saved (this happens if you take more than 1 hour to complete the form).
3. You completed your personalization form, but decided to make a modification and then did not complete the process.
If none of these situations apply to you and you're still having trouble, contact the elves HERE. Be sure to describe the steps you've taken to try to resolve the problem.
Why am I having problems viewing the Santa Video I received on the web?
If you are unable to view your video message once you've received it, and the error in unknown, the Invengineer elves recommend you check the following:
1. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. You'll need it to access your video.
2. You may not be able to view your video during business hours because of a server overload. If this occurs, try again later.
3. Make sure you have the latest version of one of PNP's supported browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari).
4. Make sure you don’t have a firewall and that your antivirus software is not causing the problem.
5. Make sure your browser’s cache is cleared (click HERE to learn how to clean your cache).
6. Your internet connection might be too slow. If this is the case, it could take a long time to view your video. It is strongly recommended to use a high-speed internet.
If you are still having trouble, contact the elves by clicking HERE. Be sure to describe the problem and making sure you send them the URL (the address at the top of your browser) of the Santa Video you are having trouble viewing.
I'm not able to view my video messages on the mobile app.
Make sure you're logged into the same PNP account you used on the website to create your Santa Videos. The video messages you created should appear in My Creations.
If your video stays in a "Creating..." mode for an unusually long time, it's possible there is a problem with the PNP server. In this case, contact the elves for support HERE.
What is the "Download HD" option?
The Download HD option is only available to Magic Pass holders on the Portable North Pole website and mobile app. It allows you to download a video message you've created in High Definition on any local device as a keepsake.
The Download HD button will appear next to your personalized Santa Video in My Creations. You can download your video on any local device (desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet, etc.) an unlimited number of times!
What are the advantages of downloading my Santa Video in HD?
Free Videos are deleted after a short period of time and Premium Santa Videos are archived; but downloading your videos in HD will allow you to revisit fond memories and enjoy your videos until the end of time!
The elves would also like to point out that by using this feature, you can:
1. Keep your videos in High Definition (HD) on any local device.
2. View your videos at any time, even when you are offline.
3. Copy the file to a DVD, USB, or any storage device, to preserve your Christmas memory long after it ceases to be available on Portable North Pole.
4. Publish it on your own website, blog, YouTube channel, etc.
5. View it in widescreen format on your TV.
Plus, the outstanding quality of HD videos makes Santa's Village appear all the more magical!
What is the format, resolution, and size of the HD video messages?
Personalized video messages are downloaded in mp4 format with the following specifications:
Video: H264, 24 FPS
Audio: AAC, 48khz, Stereo (L/R)
Data rate: 3.64 Mbit/s
The format will work on most computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. If you don't have a media player that supports this format, the Invengineer elves recommend downloading the following free player on your computer: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
When will my HD download be ready?
Your Santa Video must be converted to a format that can be downloaded. This process can take any time between 2 minutes and 2 hours, depending on the number of videos being processed on the server simultaneously. Once the video is ready, you will receive an email notification confirming that it is ready to be downloaded.
Alternatively, to verify if your download is ready:
1. Click Log in on the top right corner of the page using your email and password combination, or by connecting with Facebook or Google.
2. Go to My Creations > My Videos. If your HD video is still being prepared, the video tile will display a "Preparing HD" message. Once the status changes to "Download HD" again, the message is ready to be downloaded.
NOTE: You may refresh the page every minute or so to check if the process is completed.
Can I re-download a HD video I've already personalized?
Definitely! You can download your video in HD as many times as you please. Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
If you're experiencing problems downloading your HD video, you can try refreshing the page and clicking the Download HD button again. If you still can't retrieve your HD file, contact the elves for support HERE.
Where was my HD video downloaded?
It depends on your browser settings. If the path wasn't specified, the video usually appears in your downloads folder.
Who sent me a PNP video and how do I view it safely?
Unfortunately, it is impossible to identify the sender of a Santa Video, even if the sender were asked to complete a field to this effect. The elves are aware of the possibility of malicious activity via erroneous video notifications; therefore, as a precautionary measure, the Invengineers offer the following recommendations:
1. When in doubt about the source of an email, do not open it. If you do, do NOT click any links it contains.
2. The person who sent the video is usually identifiable; for example, their name would appear in the subject line. So, if the subject line is impersonal and you do not recognize the sender, proceed with caution.
3. If you believe you have received a fraudulent email claiming to originate from PNP, use the Report Abuse button displayed at the top right of the video player to send it to Customer Support. The elves use this info to fight spam and phishing attempts.
Other recommendations for preventative measures:
1. Make sure you always use the latest version of your browser so it can flag malicious websites.
2. Add PNP's email address to your list of senders so that you only receive video messages meant for you.
NOTE: This does not guarantee that you will never receive any hoax videos.
Why hasn’t the recipient received an email notification about the Santa Video I shared with them?
The recipient will receive an email at the address you provided once you share the Santa Video with the recipient. This email will contain a direct link to the video message. If they haven't received it in their inbox, make sure they check their spam folder.
Why did the person I created the Santa Video for not receive it?
Often, this is caused by a typing error in your recipient's email. Please double check your recipient's email address.
If you think that your recipient's email was correctly entered, the elves suggest the following:
1. The email may have been marked as spam by your recipient’s email server. If this is the case, the email might be in their spam or junk folder. Advise them to add PNP to their authorized senders.
2. There may have been a connection problem when you validated the video or sent the email. Try sending the email again.
As the video message creator, you should have received an email confirming the creation of your video with a link to the file. Should either of these solutions fail, you can also forward this email to the recipient directly.
All your videos (with the exception of Free Videos) from previous years can be accessed under the section for that year in My Creations with an active Video Pass or Magic Pass.
Product Life Cycle
Every PNP item on your account is displayed under the year it was created in the My Creations section.
Videos from a previous year can be watched with an active Video or Magic Pass.
If you have an active Magic Pass, you may also download your video in HD and save your videos before your pass expires.
Products lifecycle rules are described here:
You didn't find the answer or solution you were looking for in our FAQ?Ask the elves!