What is the "Download HD" option?
The Download HD option is only available to Magic Pass holders on the Portable North Pole website and mobile app. It allows you to download a video message you've created in High Definition on any local device as a keepsake.
The Download HD button will appear next to your personalized Santa Video in My Creations. You can download your video on any local device (desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet, etc.) an unlimited number of times!
What are the advantages of downloading my Santa Video in HD?
Free Videos are deleted after a short period of time and Premium Santa Videos are archived; but downloading your videos in HD will allow you to revisit fond memories and enjoy your videos until the end of time!
The elves would also like to point out that by using this feature, you can:
1. Keep your videos in High Definition (HD) on any local device.
2. View your videos at any time, even when you are offline.
3. Copy the file to a DVD, USB, or any storage device, to preserve your Christmas memory long after it ceases to be available on Portable North Pole.
4. Publish it on your own website, blog, YouTube channel, etc.
5. View it in widescreen format on your TV.
Plus, the outstanding quality of HD videos makes Santa's Village appear all the more magical!
What is the format, resolution, and size of the HD video messages?
Personalized video messages are downloaded in mp4 format with the following specifications:
Video: H264, 24 FPS
Audio: AAC, 48khz, Stereo (L/R)
Data rate: 3.64 Mbit/s
The format will work on most computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. If you don't have a media player that supports this format, the Invengineer elves recommend downloading the following free player on your computer: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
When will my HD download be ready?
Your Santa Video must be converted to a format that can be downloaded. This process can take any time between 2 minutes and 2 hours, depending on the number of videos being processed on the server simultaneously. Once the video is ready, you will receive an email notification confirming that it is ready to be downloaded.
Alternatively, to verify if your download is ready:
1. Click Log in on the top right corner of the page using your email and password combination, or by connecting with Facebook or Google.
2. Go to My Creations > My Videos. If your HD video is still being prepared, the video tile will display a "Preparing HD" message. Once the status changes to "Download HD" again, the message is ready to be downloaded.
NOTE: You may refresh the page every minute or so to check if the process is completed.
Can I re-download a HD video I've already personalized?
Definitely! You can download your video in HD as many times as you please. Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
If you're experiencing problems downloading your HD video, you can try refreshing the page and clicking the Download HD button again. If you still can't retrieve your HD file, contact the elves for support HERE.
Where was my HD video downloaded?
It depends on your browser settings. If the path wasn't specified, the video usually appears in your downloads folder.
You didn't find the answer or solution you were looking for in our FAQ?Ask the elves!